Himalayan Pink Salt - Organic - Fine
100% Recycled resealable packaging Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. It has all kinds of nutritional and therapeutic properties, not to mention culinary Himalayan pink salt uses. You can use it as a healthier option to processed salt. You can also use it to create homemade body scrubs and bath soaks, and you may have seen or even already own a pink Himalayan salt lamp.
5 Benefits and Uses There are many possible health benefits of Himalayan pink salt, including:
1. Improves Respiratory Problems According to the Lung institute, salt is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, loosens excessive mucus and speeds up mucus clearance, removes pathogens in the air like pollen, and decreases IgE level (immune system oversensitivity). If you Google “Himalayan salt cave,” you see that there are now salt caves made of Himalayan salt all over the country (and world) so people can experience the beneficial health effects, especially when it comes to the respiratory system. There is actually a term for this type of natural treatment. It’s called halotherapy. Derived from the Greek word for salt, “halos,” halotherapy or salt therapy is the inhalation of micronized dry salt within a chamber that mimics a salt cave. Research has shown halotherapy to be a highly effective drug-free part of successfully treating chronic bronchitis.
2. Balances Body’s pH Pink Himalayan sea salt’s rich mineral content can help balance your body’s pH levels. You may think this is no big deal, but when your pH has a healthy acid-to-alkaline ratio, it makes a huge difference in your overall health. A proper pH helps foster your immunity and encourage good digestion. Since Himalayan sea salt contains sodium as well as other electrolytes, it has a direct effect on the pH of your blood.
3. Natural Digestive Aid You can use pink Himalayan salt to make your own sole, a saturated solution containing purified water and Himalayan salt. Sole is very similar to my salt water flush recipe salt water flush recipe, in which you can use pink Himalayan salt to help you obtain all the many possible benefits of a salt water flush. He says that “daily use of sole is believed to stimulate the peristalsis of the digestive organs, balance the stomach acid, support the production of digestive fluids in the liver and pancreas, regulate the metabolism and harmonize the acid-alkaline balance.”
4. Air Purifier When pink Himalayan salt is used to create a lamp, it just may provide your home or office with cleaner air. One of the main Himalayan salt lamp benefits is its supposed ability clean the air. How? By its inherent nature as a salt, the lamps (which are pink Himalayan salt blocks) attract water vapor as well as air pollutants. The water vapor evaporates due to the heat of the salt rock lamp, but the dust and allergens remain in the salt instead of getting into your body.
5. Better Sleep Inducer Himalayan sea salt is said to help encourage better, more restful sleep due to its high mineral content. It may be hard to believe, but eating enough salt in your diet daily is actually key to a good night’s rest as a natural sleep aid. Research way back in 1989 showed that low-sodium diets can cause disturbed and irregular sleep patterns. The study was small, but the results were very interesting. Subjects on low-sodium diets (around 500 milligrams a day) woke up during the night almost twice as often and got about 10 percent less sleep than those on a normal diet (2,000 milligrams of sodium a day).
A high-sodium diet (5,000 milligrams a day) led to even longer sleep than the normal diet with fewer night time awakenings. Don’t go wild with the salt at your next meal, but it’s good to know that avoiding salt completely or not getting enough in your diet on a regular basis may cause or contribute to your sleep troubles. Additional Himalayan pink salt benefits may include: Regulation of the water levels within the body for proper overall functioning Helping reduce common signs of aging Encouraging healthy blood sugar levels Promoting cellular energy creation Reducing cramping (like leg cramps) Improving the absorption of nutrients from foods Aiding vascular health Lowering the incidence of sinus problems and promoting overall sinus health Providing circulatory support Improving bone strength Fostering a healthy libido Promoting kidney and gallbladder health in comparison to chemically treated table salt Uses If you’re wondering when to use pink Himalayan salt, you can use it anytime you would use table salt or another variety of sea salt. It can also be used in homemade body scrubs and you can make a pink Himalayan salt bath.
Supplied in resealable bags.